Why You Should Be Taking Fish Oil
What Does Fish Oil Do?
Fish Oil is very high in Omega 3 fatty acid, particularly Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). These kinds of fatty acid are essential fats needed by the body. Omega 3 fatty acid is commonly derived from fish like salmon, tuna, and mackerel, hence the term “fish oil”. Fish oil is good for the body because it can cure many diseases such as:
- Heart Attacks and High Blood Pressure – Fish oil maintains the normal rhythm of the heart, which is helpful in avoiding heart attacks. It also improves blood circulation, thereby preventing high blood pressure. Fish oil can also be used as a preventive measure from these diseases.
- Pain in the Muscles and Joints – The properties of fish oil help relieve the pain caused by rheumatism and arthritis. Its DHA and EPA properties reduce the inflammation in these areas by fighting off the enzymes that damage the joints.
- Lack of Presence of Mind – Studies have shown that ingesting fish oil makes people more alert and their memory output, more efficient. This is helpful for those who often have a hard time concentrating.
- Cancer – Fish oil nutrients can also fight breast, colon, and prostate cancer. This oil can stop the cancer cells from growing. In fact, it can help stimulate cell death, thereby preventing the cancer cells from growing and spreading throughout the body.
- Depression and Fatigue – Fish oil not only increases brain function and promotes a healthier heart, it also relieves symptoms of depression from the body. Moreover, one can also drink a capsule whenever stressed or tired because one of the many benefits of fish oilis its ability to relieve anxiety and fatigue.
Fish oil can also be used merely to retain a healthy lifestyle. However, some doctors recommend taking in the fish oil capsule one day at a time. Usually, the label on medicine bottles will indicate to take in the capsule three times a day. However, it is advisable that the schedule of taking in the capsule is not rushed but in increments. It is better to start slow so as to get the body used to it.
Side Effects of Fish Oil
Taking in this oil usually leaves an aftertaste that goes away after a while. However, this does not really cause any problem than more serious side effects like cancer and diarrhoea. Fish oil brings such side effects when not used in the proper amount. Thus, make sure to store the bottle of fish oil supplements in a freezer or refrigerator after opening so as to avoid these effects:
- “Rotten” Pills – Fish oil is vulnerable to damage caused by heat, oxygen, and light when kept for too long a time. This could result in decomposed fat which gives off a bad, “fishy” smell. This decomposed also gives rise to free radicals which can cause cancer.
- Diarrhoea and other Abdominal Problems – This is why it is important not to rush the intake of fish oil supplements. The amount of dosage is crucial in order to prevent stomach problems. This could be the usual symptoms when using the oil for the first time.
- Poisoning – Ingesting fish oil along with high-dose vitamins may lead to poisoning due to the overwhelming amount of vitamins in the body. Again, the dosage of fish oil pills should be regulated properly so as to avoid other complications.
As long as proper precaution is taken, one can enjoy the many benefits of fish oil in order to improve his or her overall well-being. Whether for removing heart, brain, or other body problems, or simply for maintaining a healthy body, fish oil will serve as a good supplement to achieve a healthy lifestyle.