Morning Motivation with Cleansing Breath
Have you ever waken up to realize it was a really hard evening, a too gloomy morning and an overwhelmingly busy day ahead to get up and go running? Have you ever felt you desperately need a new powerful source of motivation?
Here’s a nice tip for you to feel a sudden powerful a surge of energy: cleansing breath.
Cleansing breath is a breathing technique commonly used in yoga. That’s a deep exaggerated breath done by breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth. It is one of the recommended childbirth breathing patterns because it gives needed relaxation and increases your inner, vital energy. at the same time.
Here are the steps:
- Close off your right nostril
- Inhale a deep breath (breathe in for 4 counts).
- Retain the air a few seconds.
- Release your fingers from your right nostril, and let the breath out for eight counts.
- Repeat the process on the left nostril.
This breath will be found quite refreshing and vitalizing and can be used throughout the day for relaxation, concentration and motivation.
Make sure to also check our previous article on 3-steps breathing technique to help you become a stronger runner.