How to Lose Weight and Keep it off for Good
If you have been struggling with your weight, you are not alone. Millions of people around the world are either obese or overweight; they lose a few pounds here and there, only to gain it back a short time later. If that sounds like you, there is a solution. There are simple tips and techniques you can implement into your everyday routine that will have you slim and healthy in no time.
- Drink your water: Yes, water can be boring and getting your 8-10 glasses in a day isn’t always easy. Try some variations, like lemon, lime, strawberries or other fruit to add flavour.
- Protein: Adding a bit of protein to each meal will add some muscle, which burns fat and speeds up your metabolism. Even a teaspoon of peanut butter with your apple will help.
- Exercise: you need at least 30 minutes of cardio a day. Get a good sweat going; go for a jog around the block, or pop in a video; just get moving.
- Resistance Training: Add kettle bell or weight training to your cardio. This will speed up your metabolism by building some muscle and giving your body tone and definition.
- Eat smaller meals more often: This will also speed up your metabolism. When your body knows it’s getting food every few hours, it burns up what it has, instead of keeping it and turning it into fat.
- Read those labels: Often, food labels are deceiving. “Low Fat” means extra calories and sugar. Many sugar substitutes are over processed and are believed to contribute to cancer. Educate yourself on reading nutrition labels and choose wisely.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: Choose fresh foods whenever possible, instead of processed and packaged foods. Support your local farmer’s market, or grow your own organic garden. This will save you hundreds of dollars in grocery bills each year.
These are very simple things to do every single day. Soon, these will become part of your daily habits and you won’t even think about it. You will look great, feel great and have your self-confidence back. You will lower the risk of obesity related illnesses like diabetes and heart attack. Your cholesterol levels will be reduced and you will achieve the health benefits you have always dreamed about.
Being healthy isn’t only about looking and feeling great; it saves you money in other ways as well. You will cut down on your grocery bill, by not buying all those processed foods; you will save money with affordable health insurance when you go looking for insurance quotes; and you will save money on prescription medication. There is also another benefit: You can rest assured knowing that you have done everything you can in order to live a long, healthy life. You only have one body – it’s up to you to take care of it the best that you can. Think of your body like a vehicle – do you want to drive a Ford or a Jaguar? Think about it.
Johnny Guyzer, father of two sons and proud husband, understands that his family deserves a balanced life where they do not have to stress about their finances. Which is why Johnny used an online comparison service where he can compare quotes offered by numerous insurance providers to get the lowest life insurance quote Canada has to offer.