What Does Fish Oil Do?
Fish Oil is very high in Omega 3 fatty acid, particularly Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). These kinds of fatty acid are essential fats needed by the body. Omega 3 fatty acid is commonly derived from fish like salmon, tuna, and mackerel, hence the term “fish oil”. Fish oil is good for the body because it can cure many diseases such as:
- Heart Attacks and High Blood Pressure – Fish oil maintains the normal rhythm of the heart, which is helpful in avoiding heart attacks. It also improves blood circulation, thereby preventing high blood pressure. Fish oil can also be used as a preventive measure from these diseases.
- Pain in the Muscles and Joints – The properties of fish oil help relieve the pain caused by rheumatism and arthritis. Its DHA and EPA properties reduce the inflammation in these areas by fighting off the enzymes that damage the joints.
- Lack of Presence of Mind – Studies have shown that ingesting fish oil makes people more alert and their memory output, more efficient. This is helpful for those who often have a hard time concentrating.
- Cancer – Fish oil nutrients can also fight breast, colon, and prostate cancer. This oil can stop the cancer cells from growing. In fact, it can help stimulate cell death, thereby preventing the cancer cells from growing and spreading throughout the body.
- Depression and Fatigue – Fish oil not only increases brain function and promotes a healthier heart, it also relieves symptoms of depression from the body. Moreover, one can also drink a capsule whenever stressed or tired because one of the many benefits of fish oilis its ability to relieve anxiety and fatigue.
Fish oil can also be used merely to retain a healthy lifestyle. However, some doctors recommend taking in the fish oil capsule one day at a time. Usually, the label on medicine bottles will indicate to take in the capsule three times a day. However, it is advisable that the schedule of taking in the capsule is not rushed but in increments. It is better to start slow so as to get the body used to it.
Side Effects of Fish Oil
Taking in this oil usually leaves an aftertaste that goes away after a while. However, this does not really cause any problem than more serious side effects like cancer and diarrhoea. Fish oil brings such side effects when not used in the proper amount. Thus, make sure to store the bottle of fish oil supplements in a freezer or refrigerator after opening so as to avoid these effects:
- “Rotten” Pills – Fish oil is vulnerable to damage caused by heat, oxygen, and light when kept for too long a time. This could result in decomposed fat which gives off a bad, “fishy” smell. This decomposed also gives rise to free radicals which can cause cancer.
- Diarrhoea and other Abdominal Problems – This is why it is important not to rush the intake of fish oil supplements. The amount of dosage is crucial in order to prevent stomach problems. This could be the usual symptoms when using the oil for the first time.
- Poisoning – Ingesting fish oil along with high-dose vitamins may lead to poisoning due to the overwhelming amount of vitamins in the body. Again, the dosage of fish oil pills should be regulated properly so as to avoid other complications.
As long as proper precaution is taken, one can enjoy the many benefits of fish oil in order to improve his or her overall well-being. Whether for removing heart, brain, or other body problems, or simply for maintaining a healthy body, fish oil will serve as a good supplement to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
This article was written by nutritionist and fitness instructor, Jane Hutton. She also works for a company that supply vegetarian forms of Omega 3 from microalgae, called nothingfishy.
Dietto go is one of the more helpful diet programs.
Diet to go
The Diet to go weight reduction sustenance system is an extraordinary arrangement in itself.Diet to go offers you newly readied eating methodology. You can browse a few arrangements incorporating low fat and low carb choices. Not just are they fit to give diet food but they have three separate sorts of suppers to browse. Each of which is coddled a particular group of onlookers. continue reading »
If your fitness goal is to gain lean muscle mass, regular strength training to progressively challenge your muscles is essential. Most people trying to gain muscle mass understand this basic concept and do a good job at either completing higher reps lifting weights or doing body weight exercises.
But strength training is only one part of the equation necessary to build muscle mass. And too many people ignore the nutritional part of the equation to gain muscle mass. There are foods for muscle gain, and then there are foods you should avoid. continue reading »
Every single piece of food you eat is important for your overall health, which is why it’s so important to eat healthy foods. While eating healthy can be a struggle at times, it doesn’t always have to be that way. There are even some foods that burn fat, so they are well worth eating regularly! Below you will find five of the tastiest fat burning foods that you can eat more of without feeling guilty. These can help you with weight loss, give you some new foods to try out and make dieting a lot easier. continue reading »
There is no denying the fact that most people look for ways to reduce their appetite and the main reason for that being the need to reduce weight. The number of obese people in the world is increasing at a rapid rate and so is the percentage of population who are obese. This has put a lot of importance on the need to reduce weight and people have now started to understand the dangers of being obese, and are opting for different ways to lose weight. continue reading »
Maintaining the right weight is a survival necessity that no one can afford to ignore. Some people may manage to lose weight by a diet and exercise regimen over a few weeks or months. But they often hit a roadblock when it comes to maintaining that weight. continue reading »
Whether it’s famous athletes or camera-hoarding socialites, energy drinks are endorsed every day by celebrities all over the world. So what motivated you to buy your first energy drink? Was it the bright, colourful packaging? Your favourite footballer on the front of the bottle? Maybe it was the actual taste and the way it made you perform? Whatever your reasons, energy drinks have a variety of misconceptions, and the majority of health risks are ignored despite the research to the contrary. continue reading »
There are a lot of drinks on the market that claim to replenish your body after exercising or build up your immune system or give you all the vitamins of a full serving of veggies. But if you read the labels of some of those supposedly healthy drinks, you may be disturbed by the high amounts of sugar, artificial flavoring and artificial colorings they contain. So what are the best drinks to keep your body in top health? Here’s a quenching rundown: continue reading »
Many persons wanting to lose weight go one crash diets to lose the pounds only to gain it back and become even fatter than they were before they went on a diet. The reason behind this many times lie in the fact that these crash diets are impractical and way too restrictive. Losing weight is a gradual and long term process if you want real and permanent results. There are no quick fixes. continue reading »
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that almost animals make – except humans. Although we require vitamin C to live, we are one of the few species in the animal kingdom that do not produce it on our own. That means that we must get all of our vitamin C from outside sources. continue reading »