10 Ways to Look 10 Years Younger
Ask any 40 or 50 year old woman what her number one wish is, and she’ll probably give you the popular ‘to look younger’ answer. Aging is a natural process, and none of us are immune from getting older; but who says we have to look our age?
Here are some things we can do every day in order to look and feel at least 10 years younger, always, no matter what our chronological age:
1) Drink Water: Keeping yourself hydrated is one of the best ways to keep your skin looking young and fresh. You should aim for at least six 8 oz. glasses a day.
2) Exercise: With a daily exercise routine, you’ll have an abundance of energy and be able to keep up with those half your age. Bones, muscles, and skin will stay strong and healthy. Just 30 minutes a day is all you need.
3) Eat Right: Your diet matters immensely in terms of how your skin looks and feels. Vegetables and fruits are vitally important not only for your health, but for your outer beauty. Spinach, peppers, berries and pomegranate are among the superior fruits and veggies.
4) Quality Skin Care: You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on a skin care line, but you should invest in a cleanser, toner and moisturizer at the very least. Find brands that use natural ingredients and are not harmful to your skin, or the environment.
5) Stay out of the Sun: Too much sun exposure can cause premature lines and wrinkles. If you do go out, make sure you are protected with sunscreen; don’t forget to wear your hat!
6) Get a New Hairstyle: It’s amazing what a new hairstyle can do for you! A simple cut and color can do wonders for your look, and your self-esteem.
7) Moisturize and Exfoliate: It’s important to moisturize your skin (not just your face) and exfoliate to get rid of those dead skin cells. Your skin will be brighter and smoother.
8) Anti-Aging Creams: Again, there is no need to spend hundreds of dollars; most drug stores carry quality creams at reasonable prices. They can visibly reduce the look of lines and wrinkles with regular use.
9) Natural Facials: Weekly facials will give your skin a young, fresh appearance and keep those wrinkles at bay. Oatmeal and honey are among the top ingredients for great home facials. Do some research online to get some home remedies. Many times you can use every day ingredients from your kitchen, such as lemons and cucumbers, to whip up a facial for great results.
10) Get enough Sleep: If you are constantly suffering from lack of sleep due to insomnia, stress or other issues, it can affect not only how feel, but how you look. You’ll have dark circles under your eyes, and they will appear puffy; your skin will look dull and gray. Get some rest! Try going to bed a bit earlier and devise a night-time routine that will help you fall asleep.
George Stanzan enjoys writing about the experiences of his daily life. Last week, he Googled, “high risk insurance Ontario” for his son who lives in Toronto and found getinsurancequotes.ca and they ended up getting him a great rate for his driving profile.
cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by manitou2121